Sent by: Shopie Adams
Are you tired of applying, re-applying and touching up your make-up time and again to maintain a constant look? Do you find it difficult to maintain the same look all throughout the day though you’ve started out right? Are you confused about different make-up techniques, methods, and products available in the market unsure about your skin’s reactions to them? Read on to know how to maintain a fresh look with minimal effort!
Your skin, in its natural state, is most compatible with natural products. Any product too heavy, greasy or clumpy for your skin will result not only in an unfinished look which will die down quickly, but also clog your pores. It is always advisable for you to use light make-up which is easy to apply and manage.
Firstly, decide on what type of makeup look you’d like to carry. It can be an easy everyday makeup, a party look, evening make-up, make up for a special occasion or any other makeup. Different environments require you to treat your skin differently. Make-up for night could be relatively bright than a day make-up which is generally light and not too vibrant.
- Foundation: Although the most known preliminary step of make-up, people tend to skip applying foundation cream/ foundation dust. Foundation cream hides any blemishes or scars and also even out your skin texture helping the succeeding steps in make-up. Choose a light foundation which is closest to your skin color and apply it on your face and neck.
- Contouring: Contouring your cheeks, brows and jaws help you add depth and volume to the muscles around them giving an overall impression of a healthy face. Contouring also gives a permanent blush, when done with colors of the pink family.
- Highlighting: Areas near the nose, temple and the chin are most ignored during make-up. This leads to a patchy, uneven appearance after sometime, which you wouldn’t want most definitely. Tricks of deception like making your nose look thinner, longer and nostrils smaller can be done with correct highlighting and contouring around the nose and cheek region.
- Make-up near the eye region: Eye make-up is generally heavier than make-up on other areas of the face. Correct method will open up the eyes and make them look bright and attractive. Start off by applying a base coat of kohl or any other base eye liner. Add volume to your lashes by applying a coat of mascara and finish it off with some light eye shadow. You may even change your shade of eyeliner to vibrant colors for a bright look.
- Lip make-up: Lip make-up is the most concentrated in any look. A bright colored lipstick with some light eye make-up, a nude lipstick with dark eye make-up or a balanced eye and lip make-up. The right balance of eye and lip make-up helps in achieving the right look. Always moisturize your lips before the application of lipstick and lock the color with a gloss. An easy and light lip make-up would be applying a peachy/ pink/ orange lip gloss.
Moisturize your skin well and apply a good quality sunscreen before applying make-up. This would minimize the risk of negative after-effects of applying make-up. Never sleep with your make-up on. No matter how light the make-up, always remove it with a cotton ball and make-up remover. Coconut oil also acts as an excellent natural make-up remover. Always use natural make-up products and stay naturally beautiful!
Kiley Kiersten is a blogger. She is a finance graduate and hopes to help people in many issues like loans, claim for ppi and debts