Posted in: Beauty Tips, Featured Products, Healthy Living, New Arrivals, Skincare Tips & Knowledge, The Beauty Look, Women Gossip. Tagged: Anti-Aging, beauty, Beauty Tips, Bello, Bello Signature, Best skin care review, Bio-Natural, Caviar, celebrate, colorful vegetables, Discount, facial, facial mask, Formula, health, Hydrate, Inside Beauty, july 4th, knowledge, luxurious skin care, men skin care products, seaweed, Sensitive skin care, Skincare, style, Tips, toner, Wrinkle. Leave a comment
Why is reducing stress so important? Because stress is not just problematic in the moment — it’s a real health risk. The more stress, the more likely you will suffer physical ailments, from migraines to belly fat. Or even a heart attack. But before you get even more anxious about the long-term effects of chronic stress, try these several tried and true stress-reduction and relaxation techniques.
1. Breathe: Yes, breathing is second nature, but during stressful times, that’s often not the case. Under a cloud of worry, many people hold their breath or have shallow breath, or tense up so much that it’s actually difficult to inhale adequate oxygen. So the first way to turn your stress level down a few notches is to focus on your breathing. Sitting up, close your eyes and inhale and exhale, nice and easy, then repeat 10 times. Or, lie down, place a pillow under your knees, and put your hand on your belly to feel your breath rise and fall. You can say the words “rising” and “falling” in your head as you take in and release your breath.
2. Eat Chocolate: Having a bad day? A piece of dark chocolate might be just the nibble you need to brighten your outlook and reduce stress. In fact, a daily dose of dark chocolate (70 percent cacao or higher) is a proven antidote to stress (Plus, it can lower your risk of stroke, diabetes and heart disease.). Cocoa beans are rich in flavonoids, an antioxidant, which counteract the anxiety-producing hormone, cortisol. If possible, opt for brands that offer the purest form, preferably organic and made from “single estate” or “single origin” beans. (Sorry, milk chocolate does not count.)
3. Reach for Soothing Scents: To calm those nerves in an instant, try inhaling aromas from bergamot, lavender or peppermint oils. Have a tension headache? Put one drop of lavender oil on your fingertips and massage your temples. To get the scent to permeate the room, add a few drops of essential oil to an unscented candle and light it. Not only will your space smell heavenly, this relaxation technique will calm your spirit in no time.
4. Take a Bath: Since ancient times, hydrotherapy has been practiced for its healing and restorative powers. To make your tub-time extra therapeutic, sprinkle in a handful of bath salts, turn down the lights, turn on some relaxing music and light an aromatherapy candle.
5. Get Moving: Even if it’s the last thing you feel like doing at the moment, one of the quickest, most effective ways to reduce stress is to exercise. You’ve heard of a runner’s high? The “high” comes from the endorphins that our brains produce when we get our heart pumping. Low impact exercises — walking, swimming, biking, weight lifting, yoga or Pilates — are just as effective when it comes to boosting your mood, too.
6. Picture Peacefulness: When you feel tension throughout your body, calm those nerves by closing your eyes and picturing the most peaceful place you can imagine. Whether it’s curling up by the fire, lying on the beach or staring at a moonlit lake with only the sounds of lapping waves and crickets, just the thought can bring you some measure of peace.
7. Apply Pressure: Stress can cause some serious aches and pains. To manage these physical ailments, try acupressure — a Chinese therapy in which pressure is applied to the meridians, or channels, in your body. It is believed these channels connect your organs, and, when one is blocked, can result in pain or illness. To alleviate the discomfort of a headache, apply your index and middle finger to your wrist, at the base of your palm in line with your pinky finger and hold firmly for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other wrist. Similarly, you can try the point between your big toe and the second toe. Also, The breathing exercise is more useful when the breath is taken through the nose and out through the mouth. Try it — it works!
Bello Signature Skincare announces the launch of the new Facebook store.
For years, women have witnessed and embraced the technological explosion that is the anti-aging face care category. In fact, it seems there is a cream or serum designed to diminish every possible telltale sign of aging that appears on the face.
But what about the rest of the body? Women are so concerned with laugh lines and crow’s-feet that they tend to neglect caring for the body’s skin. The truth is women love having beautiful, smooth, touchable skin all over their body, even below the neck. It’s the difference between high collars and plunging necklines.
Also, with the expansion of the anti-aging market, there are many ingredients saturating this category. However, there is one breakthrough ingredient on the top of the list. Creatine is a vital anti-aging ingredient found naturally in the skin and provides energy to the cells. Over time, the creatine supply in the cells depletes and causes skin to become dry and rough and then increases the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the hands, chest and upper arms. Therefore, when creatine is applied topically, it has anti-aging benefits and is clinically proven to lift the skin and diminish the visible signs of aging.
The Bello ANTI-AGING SOLUTIONS is an anti-aging collection for the body made with the skin’s own creatine. It works to replenish the creatine level in the skin, boosting the skin’s natural anti-aging power. Skin is soft, smooth and noticeably lifted with less visible wrinkles.
It’s no secret that healthy skin is important to maintaining a youthful appearance. So in addition to caring for the face when it comes to aging, women should start paying attention to their entire body, from head to toe. What woman doesn’t want beautiful, smooth, touchable skin?
Presented by Bello Signature.
With fall coming to a close and winter on it’s way in dry skin can become a problem even for those with normal to oily skin. To help combat this issue we have gathered a list of the best things to do AND not do to keep your skin well hydrated and problem free.
Keep the showers to a minimum and the tap on warm not hot. While in the winter in can be tempting to take long hot baths or showers, hot water and prolonged exposure to water can be very drying for the skin. Keep it short and cooler and your skin will thank you. Remember finish with moisturizing lotion when your skin is just lightly damp and you will boost the moisture retention.
Sunscreen is key. Just because the sun is hiding doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen. UVA rays are a year round concern in all climates and don’t stick to when the sun is out, so be sure to apply a good strong sunscreen everyday. Our Sunscreen Protection Code is a great product to use each and every day.
Use leave in conditioner at least once a week. One of the most common issue is your scalp gets flakey and itchy in the winter. By applying a leave in condition from the roots to the end you can prevent split ends and help hydrate the scalp at the same time. Another option is to use a hair masque to really soften and hydrate.
Moisturize Day and Night. Nothing perks up your skin immediately like a deeply hydrating moisturizer and twice a day is key to keeping your skin properly perked! Try our Radiant Caviar Hydrating Cream and experience an instant hydration boost like non other.
Hydrate your body. Drinking water and eating foods that moisturize skin can help keep the hydration levels going both inside and out! Two is always better than one. For information on some key foods proven to help hydrate, click here.
With these tools in your arsenal you are ready to take on winter and keep your skin beautiful and glowing.